Monday, March 7, 2016

The Feast

For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline (2 Timothy 1:7).

I want to remember this bible verse always. I want to be reminded constantly of the kind of power, love, and discipline God has ingrained in each of us. It can be hard to believe this when negativity looms, whether through self-talk, the people I am surrounded with, or the interpretation I can give to whatever happens to me.  

The Feast helps me remain anchored in God’s eternal love. It is a celebration of the Holy Mass, preaching, and worship music rolled into one gathering every Sunday at the PICC. It is open to all at no cost. I recall attending The Feast in Valle Verde when I was still single and now with Bryan and Marcus in either The Fort or PICC.

The Feast declares it is the happiest place on earth and it is. Listening to God’s Word opens us to our purpose in life; accepting God’s Word sheds light to the challenges that come our way; acting on God’s Word molds a grateful heart and positive attitude. 

Looking at the hundreds of people joining The Feast, I am at awe and inspired by the collective desire to be one with the Lord and align our dreams with His will. I step out of the plenary hall refreshed and energized to start anew. Oh, what a bliss!

Thank you, Bo Sanchez and the Light of Jesus Community for your devotion to spread God’s message of love and hope. May there be more Feasts all over the country.

I also subscribe to http://bosanchez.ph/ to understand the Bible better and learn how I can apply the Lord’s teachings in different areas of my life as God’s child, daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend, neighbor, officemate, citizen. Brother Bo has the gift to explain the Scriptures clearly and in a simple manner filled with candor and humor. His examples are situations that ordinary people can relate to. He, himself, is an example of a person who has tried and failed and tried again and failed again and eventually emerged a champion.

Like Brother Bo and the members under his flock, may I grow more in faith and be a testimony to how God’s perfect love can transform us.

I can do all this through Him, who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment